June 08, 2008

I want a coffee maker, J wants a espresso maker. So I spent some times this morning in searching of the most suitable machine for us. There are so many brands (Krups, Hamilton Beach, Mr. Coffee, Cuisinart, DeLonghi, Salton, etc) and types (Combo maker, Grind n Brew, Programmable, 4-cup, 10-cup, etc.) of the coffee maker in the market.

After few hours of research, we decided to get the makers separately because of the price and function. There are few features we want in our coffee makers:
  • 4-cup, 10-cup or 12-cup
  • auto shut/off (I need it since I might forget to turn it off)
  • thermal carafe (use less electricity)
  • easy to clean up
  • easy to use

There is a free 12-cup Gevalia coffee maker we can get in the US (just need to pay $14.95 for trying out their coffee), but is it practical for just two of us? Or this 4-cup ($29.95) and 10-cup ($79.95) Cuisinart might be the one? They both use cone filter which we save money because don't need paper filter. What do you think? Or just simply buy one from Starbucks?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just get one from STARBUCKS!

Anonymous said...

i think Tim Hortons Sell a coffee maker too!! May be we should not buy it and just by instant coffee which is easier :) LOL

Blog Archive